In accordance with the Precise Systems Core Value of “Putting People First”, the Precise Systems Charitable Contributions Committee provides an opportunity for our company to put people first by offering support to philanthropic organizations in the communities in which our employees live and work.
Precise contributed to the following organizations following the 2nd Quarter committee meeting:
- Get Outdoors Day – National Get Outdoors Day is an annual event to encourage healthy, active outdoor fun. National Get Outdoors Day is the signature event of “Great Outdoors Month”, the designation given annually to the month of June by the White House and Governors across the United States.
- Warrior Alliance – The Warrior Alliance helps veterans through their veteran vocational rehabilitation program called Operation Double Eagle. Through their business model, they are in an incredible position to enable successful reintegration for veterans that face the hardship of transitioning into the private sector and providing them a clear pathway to guaranteed employment.
- Kappa Epsilon Lambda chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Black and Gold Sponsorship Ball – The annual Black and Gold Ball is the capstone fund raising event to support college scholarships for high school seniors and other community service programs.
- Great Mills High School Robotics Team – RoboBees – The RoboBees, FIRST (For the Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) team 836, is a robotics team located in St. Mary’s County, Maryland. Charitable funding will allow the group to continue work in the areas of STEM exploration by local high school students.
- Pax River Raiders – The Pax River Raiders Youth Football League, a non-profit community service, has been serving the youth of St. Mary’s County for the last eight years. The organization is solely funded by registration fees, fundraisers, and community donations through sponsorships and serves the youth of St. Mary’s County to allow them to participate in youth football and cheerleading. They also assist underprivileged youth who want to participate in the organization with scholarships.
- Dr. James A. Forrest Career and Technology Center, SkillsUSA program – Supports the Dr. James A. Forrest Career and Technology Center to sponsor students in the SkillsUSA program enabling 13 Maryland state gold medal winners attend the National Leadership and Skills Conference in Louisville Kentucky June 20-24, 2016.
- Friends for Kids of Daviess County, Annual Sponsorship Drive – Friends for Kids provides adult companionship for children in need. Operating funds are raised through United Way and Daviess County Foundation and donations from public sources.
- Life’s Good in Leonard’s Grant 5K – Sponsorship of annual 5K event that raises money for the Leonardtown Volunteer Fire Department.
- Ronald McDonald House – Ronald McDonald Houses offer a “home-away-from-home” for families so they can stay close by their hospitalized child at little or no cost.